We had a relaxing morning in There was a nice park next to the hotel. Mark had fun playing for a while and was really needing some activity after the long, long day of flying the day before and another flight ahead of him. Cindy explained the rock path that we saw at the park. Rocks are sticking up all along the path. It is supposed to have an acupressure effect to cure various ailments. Pete decided to try it and found it quite painful. Mark was able to zip on by him and thought it was pretty fun. (See picture.) We flew on the Hong Kong express to We were glad he didn't faint in excitement because the health inspection here is taken quite seriously. We had to fill out another set of health declaration forms. Before we could leave our seats, quarantine officers came on the plane to check everyone's temperature. We are wondering how they are able to check temperatures with a lazer looking gun pointed at your forehead. Sure wish I had one of those at home! We found immigration and customs to be much more streamlined than it was three years ago – probably thanks to the Olympics. As we came out of customs, I raised my hands in excitement. I think our guide, Maggie, thought we were very happy to see her. The truth is that I didn't notice her standing there with the America World sign because I was focused on the Starbucks sign behind her. What a treat to get an ice tea upon arrival. So far, this We'll post a few pictures. We know the ones you really want to see are still a week away when we meet the little boy we've been waiting to meet for all of these many, many months. ***sorry, having trouble loading pictures***will add them later*** |
Monday, June 22, 2009
Hong Kong to Beijing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you had a nice respite between flights in Hong Kong. It must have been fun seeing Mark enjoy the Hong Kong Express flight so much. I'm going to remember that airline for next year when we take the girls back to China for a homeland tour. I remember the planes from years before not looking quite up-to-date and rather decrepit! Blessings on your week in Beijing, and have fun, too. We think about you every day and pray for all to go well. Linda
ReplyDeleteIt is obvious that you are covered in prayers...so far as is well. We will continue to pray as you make your way to your little boy. We are also praying for him as he waits to meet his parents. I am so glad you are having a good time so far. I hope the entire trip is like this. We had that kind of experience when we picked up Isabelle. She is so cute how she prays for her new six year old Chinese friend. She is excited to meet him. I think your adoption is helping her process her own.
ReplyDeleteLove, Theresa
had a starbucks ice tea with you today, as well! It is those small things of comfort that remind us God does care about detail!
ReplyDeleteLove, Tina
I am so glad that you made it and are having such a lovely time there!! Know that we will continue to pray for you in preparation to meeting Joshua.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every moment God brings your way!
Naomi